As people, stereotypically we shy away from change. People have a habit of getting comfortable, whether that be personally or professionally and dislike when their daily routine alters - Whether that be the day they do their weekly food shop, or the processes and procedures their employer has in place for them to be successful in their role. Some people however, thrive on the excitement that change brings, see the bigger picture and understand the reasons business adjustments. The 'thrivers’ are the people we need to speak to.
Working within a company that has over 300 staff, and effects the lives of over 10,000 people in the local community, you will work closely with the business transformation manager and PMO Manager to ensure projects are delivered in a timely, cost effective manner. You will act as the 'Eyes and ears on the ground’, feel comfortable challenging decisions coming from senior staff and be able to consider the bigger picture and company vision.
As a Project Manager, your day to day role will involve the below;
- Creating a detailed project plans with Key Stakeholders.
- Setting KPI's, Schedules and Resource Requirements for each project.
- Ensuring progress is communicated effectively with all those involved.
- Manage project team members accordingly.
- Identify technology and scope of data required to identify and deliver results and recommendations.
- Monitor the project progress, ensuring deadlines and objectives are being met.
- Ensuring the quality of the project remains at the expected levels within the business.
- Reporting project outcomes, identifying actionable insight, make recommendations for enhancement.
- Manage dependencies, risks and issues, stakeholders and communications to ensure appropriate engagement, support and visibility at all levels.
- Support data mining and analysis as required by the specific project.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the line manager.
Experience in a Project Management role is vital for this position, as is the obvious personable nature, resourcefulness, ambition and forward-thinking nature. Qualifications in project management methodologies and a strong level if IT literacy are again, necessary to be able to deliver the required quality of work for this pivotal role within the organisation.
This opportunity is within a team of people that are passionate about providing quality services for all of their long-term customers. They are a values-led organisation which strives for excellence in everything they do, providing a working environment where careers can flourish. they listen, learn and improve, and, most of all, they deliver to their communities.
In return for your expertise and commitment, you have the opportunity to be part of the exciting future of the company and team. They strive to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. They are advocates of agile working practices and are open to further discussion in relation to this. As a standard they offer 33 days holiday (Including bank holidays), Flexi-time and access to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Atlantic Resource has a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for, and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker.
- Project Management
- Programme Management