The company is the world’s leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions.
They are looking for a confident, talented and innovative individual to join their Site Characterisation Team based in Wallingford which works offshore and on land providing engineering, geotechnical and geoenvironmental services for clients in the energy, infrastructure and mining sectors worldwide.
Your key responsibility will be to project manage the technical, contractual, health and safety and commercial aspects for allocated projects, ensuring compliance with the specification and delivery of projects to programme dates. Specifically, you will act as the site manager / technical supervisor on selected site investigations, communicate directly with clients to ensure their requirements are met, delegate and distribute project responsibilities throughout the team and handle measurement conflicts.
As an experienced specialist, you will be responsible for the technical management of projects including compilation of factual and interpretative reports and the provision of advisory and consultancy services. You will also assist the Principal Engineer in the technical direction, resource management, planning, mentoring and training of a team of engineers.
You will be committed, proactive and decisive with a passion for delivering projects safely, on budget and on time.
Successful applicants will have:
- A degree in Geology Earth Science or Civil Engineering and preferably an MSc Qualification in Engineering Geology/Soil Mechanics/Geotechnics or a similar relevant subject
- Significant demonstrable experience within a ground investigation environment with a proven knowledge of engineering geology and geotechnics or other specialist area relating to the day to day activities of the Company
- A thorough understanding of the ground investigation industry, including knowledge of relevant plant and equipment, standard specifications, various conditions of contract forms, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation applicable to the Company Operations is also required
- An understanding of routine and specialist sampling, in situ and laboratory testing techniques and the advantages and limitations of their use
- A high level of written and numeric skills
- Confident communication and inter personal skills in order to develop and maintain a good working relationship with the field, depot and departmental staff to achieve delivery of key objectives
- Proficiency with relevant computer applications
- Excellent commercial skills
The following would be preferable:
- Experience / interest in one of the following subject areas
- Foundation design
- Site characterisation
- Pavement design
- Slope stability or ground improvement
- Coastal or offshore structures
The successful candidates will receive competitive salary and benefits packages.
- Engineering Geology
- Ground Investigation
- Delivering Projects