Project Controls Planner
Highfield Professional Solutions are helping one of our clients who is a specialist sub-contractor delivering electrical services to the rail industry who are now looking for a Project Controls Planner to join their commercial team.
The successful candidate will manage, control and coordinate the programming requirements of these projects. You will be overseeing all relevant projects both pre and post contract award. You will be reporting to the Commercial Manager.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- The management and reporting of project plans;
- Producing tender programmes as required which form part of bid submissions;
- Ensuring that the programming contract requirements are clear to the project teams and are adhered to and administered in accordance with the contract;
- Monitor and measure progress / performance and provide effective project reporting to the project teams and clients;
- Ensure plans / programmes are appropriately structured, coded, resourced, budgeted and progressed to provide the project teams with accurate and timely information of the status of the project and to ensure the programme is realistic and achievable;
- Liaising with the project teams and clients to ensure all the required timescales are being adhered to and to ensure the critical path is followed at all times;
- Continuous improvement of the project and activities in line with KPI values;
- Resolving programme issues where they arise.
To be considered you will need to have:
- Relevant professional qualification, 2:1 honours degree or better;
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative;
- A team player with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels;
- Proven relevant experience within a project control environment;
- Experience of managing resources as well as activities on a Project;
- Financial and risk management awareness;
- Ability to produce, interpret, monitor and update programmes against contractual programmes and/or contractual periods for completion;
- An understanding of contractual arrangements;
- Competent in the programming requirements of ICC/Network Rail, NEC, JCT and any other applicable form of contract;
- Full UK driving licence.
- I.T. skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Projects, Primavera and ERP software;
- Ideally experience within a rail, construction or engineering environment;
Salary on this role is negotiable depending on experience.
If interested in this position, please email your CV or call for more detail
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"