We're looking for Project Controls Managers to join our Finance and Business Management Team (F&BM). As a Project Controls Manager, you'll be involved in enabling improved overall performance for a specific area of the business through the provision of integrated Finance and Business Management analysis and expertise.
You'll be responsible for integrating a multi-disciplined Project Controls team to deliver a comprehensive and co-ordinated Project Controls service. You'll communicate progress, performance, risks, issues and opportunities to internal stakeholders and be expected to propose appropriate actions to be taken and ensure that these are followed through whilst complying with all F&BM processes. Also, likely you may've some line management responsibilities for Cost Engineers and Assistant Project Control Managers.
Location - Reading area
Package - Salary based on experience
AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme with a range of employee benefits is also available.
The ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
· Degree or HND/HNC in appropriate business or technical discipline or equivalent experience
· Experience in a business or project control leadership role
· Experience of implementing best practice Project Controls processes and techniques
· Experience of influencing sound business strategies to deliver savings and efficiencies
· Experience of interfacing and reporting effectively with key stakeholders across and outside of the business
· Knowledge of forms of contract
· Experience of using Earned Value Management tools and techniques
· Excellent IT and communication skills including networking and influencing
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'