Temp - Perm Accountant - Central London - ACCA/CIMA Consultancy Business
Your new company
My client provide technology and network services to many of the UK most mission-critical operational systems
business. The business is based in the West End of London are seeking an experienced Accountant to join the team on a temp - perm basis. The salary is paying up to £38,000 + study.
Your new role
You will be working as part of the Transport Finance team providing financial reporting, analysis and support for the London Major Projects business. You need to be a motivated individual who is a very accurate completer finisher who thrives in a busy team environment. This is a solid management accounting role suitable for a more junior accountant looking to move into Management Accounting or for an existing management accountant looking to build on their experience.
Daily duties will include:
- Providing support for all financial aspects of an end to end business unit, working closely with the Senior Management Accountant & London Major Projects Team.
- Production of accurate and timely financial information on a monthly basis - mainly project profit and loss accounts, revenue recognition, forecasts, accruals, wip and reconciliation of project costs within Oracle.
- Building P&Ls from scratch for new projects awards and working closely with Project Management team to ensure robust review of sales, costs and margin for the whole life of the project.
- Working closely with the project delivery team to ensure financial controls are in place and updated accordingly
- Month end procedures including sales accruals/retentions, journals, over / under overhead recovery analysis, orderbook.
- Financial reporting - P&L month, YTD & full year commentary
- Assist in the production of P&L forecasts and annual budgets.
- Understand variances to prior forecast & budget.
- Monthly cash flow and invoicing forecast.
- Identify and improve financial processes to ensure effective information is provided to aid decision making and improve business performance as well as improving financial reporting and control.
- Liaising with external auditors and addressing queries.
What you'll need to succeed
- AAT Qualified or Part-Qualified CIMA/ACCA Accountant.
- Minimum 5 GCSE's grade A-C with at least B in Mathematics.
- Strong communication skills
- A minimum of
What you'll get in return
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.