I am currently recruiting a Project Accountant for a leading architecture firm based in the City of London. This is a temporary to permanent roles starting as soon as possible.
My client is one of the leading architecture, interior design, engineering, and urban planning firms in the world, with a reputation for design excellence and a portfolio that includes some of the most important architecture of the 20th and 21st centuries. Since its inception, my client has been a leader in the research and development of innovative technologies, processes, and ideas, many of which have had a lasting impact on the built environment. The firm has been honored with more than 1,700 awards. The firm maintains offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, and Mumbai.
The role requires a good range of accounting skills, from inputting the base books of accounts to providing pay runs and reconciliations.
They are currently looking to hire a Project Accountant to work in their City of London offices, close to Liverpool Street Station
Project Accountant, City of London
Roles and Duties:
- Ensure that costs are accounted for against the correct projects
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure correct time allocation to projects
- Create new projects in vision and ensure all paperwork is approved
- Assist and review with the preparation of the quarterly VAT return
- Assist with the production of the payroll which is produced every two weeks.
- Disseminate information to interested parties regarding tax, pension, etc.
- Produce bank reconciliations
- Ensure staff input timesheets on a weekly basis
- Ensure that payments are properly coded, posted and paid
- Ensure employee expenses are authorised and paid correctly
- Raise invoices in a timely manner
- Deal with client queries regarding invoicing, referring them to the Project Manager if appropriate
- Provide statements, chase clients for payment, reconcile client accounts and provide reporting internally to the Project Managers on outstanding debt
The successful candidate must be immediate available and can interview at short notice.
They MUST have extensive knowledge of AR, Billings and Project accounting
The successful candidate will be paid between £14-16 per hour