Programme Management Officer (PMO) - Edinburgh - ASAP - £35 to £50K
Programme Management Officer (PMO)
Multiple Programme Management Officer roles - Edinburgh based with travel to customer site. £35k - £50k
This is a great opportunity to join one of the big 4 and really establish yourself as a PMO.
A highly established financial services company with an international reputation with a global portfolio are looking to recruit a team of Programme Management Officer's (PMO) due to an influx of new work from new and existing clients which will commence March this year.
The Programme Management Officer's roles will be based in Edinburgh, however as projects are typically carried out on client sites, our team members work from local, national and international locations for the duration of client engagements. This may be required over long periods of time or you may be required to be on site at short notice. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process.
We are looking for experienced Project Management Officers who will support the execution of transformation and change projects for our clients, who are predominately within the financial services sector.
The responsibilities of each role will vary depending on client needs but will likely include:
- Development and maintenance of project plans
- Preparation of project reports including status reports, RAID logs and project dashboards, tracking and analysis of budgetary information across the full project portfolio
- Production of presentations for senior management
- Supporting the project management team with ad hoc requirements
- Identifying risks, issues and discrepancies and taking action accordingly
In order to be successful for this role, you will have a demonstrable track record in a PMO role or junior project management/support position in a corporate function. Ideally you will have worked in a diverse and complex change environment in a client facing role. You will need excellent project planning skills and experience of using project management and planning tools such as MS Office Suite and in particular strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
The ability to integrate into various teams and build relationships well with senior stakeholders is key. You must be highly analytical and logical with ability to develop solutions to technical problems.
Any relevant professional qualifications such as PRINCE2 or P3O and experience of working in regulatory driven change environment or banking would be highly advantageous but not essential.
This role comes with an exceptional benefits package including:
- A flexible benefits scheme that be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by the client.
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Fully funded training and development throughout your career including externally accredited qualifications.
For more information on this opportunity please contact me on or send me an up to date copy of your CV.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.