Production Team Leader
In this role, you have the opportunity to work as a Production Team Leader within the Bottles Value Stream.
You must coordinate your team in order to meet daily production targets whilst initiating and driving improvement within your area of responsibility.
This position will be based in Glemsford, Suffolk.
You are responsible for;
- Supervision of a production line team of up to 5 Team members. Initiate improvements and be responsible for safety within their specified working area. Escalating appropriately to nominated Production Supervisor.
- Safety - deploys and maintains risk assessments. Ensures near misses are raised and implemented as appropriate
- Safety inductions and standard work training of all permanent and temporary staff in their area
- Work/role allocation of team members to delivery shift production plan
- Escalation of any Safety, Engineering, quality or material supply issues in their area (stop & fix)
- Ensuring all team members in their specified area are working to appropriate standard work and quality checks
- Maintaining and improving Lean, 6S and Standard Work within their area and driving daily improvements
You are a part of a group of team leaders. You will report into the production supervisor.
This position works 3 days per week from Friday - Sunday, rotating from 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
- Experience of putting safety first, ideally you will have experience of drafting, updating and training out Risk Assessments.
- Experience leading a team or managing processes, ideally gained within a production/manufacturing environment.
- Able to work autonomously, taking ownership for making decisions within the parameters of Standard working practices and Company policy.
- Be able to work as part of a team or on their own initiative.
- Confident in use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of managing cross functional Teams (Production Team Members, Engineering and Process Technicians) and varied production lines within a single shift.
- Ideally experience of Lean manufacturing techniques or an understanding of Continuous improvement activities.
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to develop and grow as an individual; with promotion opportunity available for ambitious individuals. You will be a part of a world class manufacturing process, and have the opportunity to drive for further improvement.
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips pageon our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line - Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV’s as way of introduction.
- Team Leader