Westray Recruitment Consultants have the pleasure of working with a large printing company based in Newcastle. The role of Supervisor will ensure the effectiveness of warehousing activities and will strive to improve company processes to increase productivity. The successful candidate will have previous supervisory experience and ideally knowledge of the printing industry.
- Management of staff members, determining staffing levels and assigning workload.
- Staff resource planning, training and coaching.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees' performance.
- Health and Safety in the packing and despatch environment: ensuring the welfare of all staff, ensuring that the workplace & work practices deliver Health & Safety best practice.
- Lead dispatch processing of campaign material.
- Lead goods-in management and receipting of damaged or returned goods
- Design and implementation of packing and dispatch processes - including warehouse development and design.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service standards.
- Lean management - identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
- Ensure quality procedures and quality / performance targets are strictly adhered to.
- Confer and co-ordinate activities with other departments
- A proven track record of supervising a team and getting results
- Ideally someone who has worked within the FMCG environment previously
- Experience of working within the print industry
- The ability to take a step back and asses and analyse a situation, to ensure the best possible outcome
- Working within Quality Control would be of benefit
- The desire to guide and improve a team
This is a permanent role and the hours are Monday to Friday, working either 10am-6pm or 11am-7pm.
The salary for this position is competitive and the client is offering good company benefits.
POINT OF CONTACT
The point of contact for the role is Joe Rowan and he can be reached on or at
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job