Production Supervisor - Manufacturing
My Client based in Newark currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join their business. We are looking for somebody who holds supervisory experience within an manufacturing environment. You will be required to manage a team of 6.
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 16:30, O/T if required
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Purpose of the role:
Overall responsibility for the pre-assembly and assembly production lines and staff therein. To offer guidance, advice, and leadership to the build teams for the successful production of Gaming Machines.
- To supervise the assembly areas on a daily basis.
- To motivate & develop team members to meet production targets.
- To Plan and allocate staff to meet build requirements thus ensuring effective use of manpower.
- To oversee Production Operatives on the job training.
- To intervene when necessary to resolve any staff issues.
- To regularly liaise with the Operations Manager, and all relevant functional departments regarding product shortfalls & build concerns.
- To monitor Production Process Areas throughout the day to ensure Product Quality and output.
- To check daily plant and equipment regarding safety, functionality & maintenance.
- To order small tooling and equipment when required through the Operations Manager.
- To Implement, execute and sustain any existing or new company policies.
- To retain a hands on approach in the event of staff shortages.
- To understudy for the Operations Manager in his/her absence.
- To Induct new employees and temporary labour.
- To implement Training Plans for all Production employees
- To ensure all Training Records are accurate and in date.
- To regularly evaluate and review the departments Risk Assessments to ensure accuracy.
- To oversee the introduction of any new product range.
- To ensure Health & Safety procedures are understood and in place.
- To ensure PPE is fit for purpose and being used correctly.
- To ensure Standard Operating Procedures are reviewed and that these are being followed.
- To ensure all Production Areas are kept clean & tidy in line with the 5S Principles.
- To ensure waste materials are disposed of in the correct manner.
Ideally you will have an understanding of the following Manufacturing disciplines:
Standard Operating Procedures
Root Cause Analysis
Experience in a Manufacturing environment
Past Supervisory experience
Past experience of leading a small team
MS Outlook - Desirable
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"