Cathedral Appointments have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planning Manager at an Exeter based manufacturer. Reporting directly to the Production Director the purpose of this role is to lead the Production Planning team in effectively carrying out all aspects of production planning.
- Leading the Planning team to ensure they are productive, effective and working well as a team to a high standard of effectivity.
- Using Sage (MRP system) to generate planned manufacturing requirements.
- Communicate production requirements to the production teams and ensuring that they have the capacity in place to meet the plan.
- Ensure availability of products to meet agreed timescales.
- Work with the production and purchasing teams to continuously improve performance in customer service and production effectiveness.
- Utilize KPI’s to drive improvements in company performance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a production planning/purchasing role is essential.
- Previous experience in a management role is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience using Sage.
- Numerate with accurate attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and tenacity to bring about change when required.
- Intermediate user of Excel.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Planning Manager to work for an established, local business in an easily accessible location in the heart of Exeter. For further details on this position and more information on how to apply please send an up to date CV or contact Dan at Cathedral Appointments.
Cathedral Appointments are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Production Management
- Production Planning