Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit a Production Planning Coordinator for a leading company in it's field.
The Job :
* To ensure the correct products are produced, on schedule & to provide customers with best possible buying experience both in terms of communication & delivery of goods. Additional responsibility to coordinate the sale of clearance stock
* Be responsible for planning, coordination & control of the production process for specified customers
* Manage production schedules to establish lead times of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
* Challenge & calculate the resources needed, estimate costs for forward planning.
* Ensure that UK production is cost effective & identify savings where possible.
* Monitor the production processes, suggest improvements & adjust schedules as needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
* Maintain inventory of materials needed to complete production, get regular updates from colleagues on UK & Far East supplier production to ensure up to date information to plan efficient UK production, highlight timing issues to colleagues around the business where necessary.
* Chase (or oversee chasing of) UK & FE suppliers for delivery dates, negotiating to improve dates where necessary.
* Manage stock control using current IT packages, including annual stock take.
* Monitor customer acceptance of 'gold seal' production samples where applicable.
* Resolve issues relating to planning conflicts & issues.
* Raise purchase orders & delivery notes, update goods-in and finished goods information.
5. Qualifications & experience required:
* Experience in production planning, scheduling, supply chain management
* Experience of office procedures & computerised systems with accurate & fast data inputting skills
* UK driving licence & authorisation to work in the UK