Production Operatives are sought on an ongoing temporary basis to join the manufacturing team in Sunderland for a world leading supplier of automotive components.
There are 2-shift patterns (Days and Lates, paid at £9.17 per hour) and 3-shift patterns (Days, Lates & Nights paid at £9.77 per hour). The contract is expected (but not guaranteed) to last until July.
Reporting to the Production First Line Manager, Production Operatives are responsible for processing parts that are acceptable to customer's specification in the required time to meet customer scheduled and sequence requirements.
Day to day duties will include:
- Follows Safe Working Practices, Safety Instructions and Safety Procedures.
- Uses equipment tools and fixtures appropriately.
- Producing assemblies and components in line with an agreed Takt.
- Follows Standardised methods of working.
- Supports the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Work to agreed quality requirements.
- Strives to achieve Right First Time.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Understands Key Performance indicators.
- Highlights material shortages and has an understanding of Kanban and material flow.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping at all times.
- Is flexible and supports changes in the work place.
- Works co-operatively in teams.
- Is receptive to change and supports others through change.
- Can support overtime requests as required by business needs.
The successful Production Operatives will demonstrate:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Manufacturing experience desirable but not essential
- Automotive experience is desirable but not essential
Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. With 85,000 employees operating 238 manufacturing/assembly plants in 33 countries worldwide. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all vehicle classes and all major OEMs into more than 25 million vehicles every year.
Temporary Production Operatives - Shifts
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
£9.17per hour to £9.77 per hour depending on shift pattern + mandatory overtime, weekly contracts, expected (but not guaranteed) to last until July
- manufacturing desirable
- automotive desirable