Location: Hockley, West Midlands - B18 5AY
Salary: £7.50ph, Overtime: £10.00ph
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Summary of Position:
The Production Operative will be required to work on the machines and production lines in the factory which make patties with different types of filling such as meat, fish, and vegetables. The patties are packed in bags and then packed in to boxes for dispatch.
Throughout the Production process the factory area needs cleaning i.e. cooking vessels, factory machines, floors, curtains, surfaces etc.
Part of this role will involve working in either the Kitchen, Production or Packing areas as an operative.
Also as part of this role, the operative is required to clean machinery, equipment and surfaces throughout the shift to maintain a high level of hygiene in the factory.
• Cooking, filling and completed the cook sheets instructions
• Cleaning the Guisties machine and kitchen area
• Validating the cook sheet followed by signing the sheet
• Making pastry from the pastry sheets instructions
• Validating the pastry sheet followed by stating initial on the sheet
• Loading pastry onto the pastry conveyer belt
• Switching on in line machine
• Manually turning on the flower dusters
• Ensuring the filling depositor is in correct position to use
• Ensure Ploughs is correctly positioned to use
• Ensure Dye and Stabber set up correctly
• Fetch filling from the filling chiller and checking temperature and record this on the in line sheet
• Start the pump and fill the filling hopper
• When the is pastry ready, check the pastry weight and record the weight on an in line sheet
• Start the depositor
• Checking the filling weight and record the weight on the in line sheet
• Loading patties onto trays from the top to the bottom and then load trays onto the racks
• Recording the rack numbers and quantity of patties on the in line sheet
• Loading the oven once six racks of patties are ready
• Recording oven loading time on the in line sheet
• Communicate to high care packing area that six racks have been loaded in the oven
• Cleaning equipment/machinery and surfaces on changeovers of products and throughout shift
• Completing the cleaning schedule sheet at the end of the shift
High Care Packing:
• Awaiting call from production on when oven is loaded.
• Ensure oven timer is switched on to according to specific product baking and cooling sheet.
• Record rack numbers on baking and cooling sheet.
• Once oven alarm rings, open oven door and check temperatures are in accordance baking and cooling temperature criteria.
• Record the temperature checks on baking and cooling sheet.
• Move racks from oven to ambient cooler and insert temperature probe into a pattie until temperature drops below 63 degrees.
• Once the temperature has dropped below 63 degrees, record the temperature the probe settles at onto the baking and cooling sheet.
• Move the racks into blast chiller and insert a probe into a pattie.
• Once the temperature has dropped below 8 degrees, record the temperature once it has settled and take out the six racks from the blast chiller ready for wrapping.
• Unload trays from the racks starting at the bottom to top onto the table.
• Check film wrap is correct and set the correct date code in accordance with the daily date matrix.
• Feed the patties from the table into wrapping machine correctly.
• Ensure calibration of followed correctly for high care metal detection test.
• Ensure all calibration checks are conducted correctly.
• If any failure arises from calibration, ensure corrective actions are followed for all light weight (rejects) products.
• Ensure metal detection test is conducted and followed correctly.
• If any failure arises, ensure corrective action are followed for metal detection test.
• Ensure half dozen, one dozen and two dozen boxes are erected correctly.
• Ensure the correct number of patties are packed in to boxes in the correct way.
• Place boxes into the tape machine.
• Ensure boxes are stacked in the correct format on the pallet.
• Move the pallets into the correct storage area.
• Must have a flexible and disciplined approach to work.
• Experience of working in a food environment would be useful
• Flexible and disciplined approach to work
• Able to work as part of a team and on their own
• Have a reasonable standard of numeracy and literacy
• Previous experience of cleaning, including the use of chemicals and using cleaning machinery safely.
• Have a basic standard of numeracy & literacy
• To maintain a positive Health and Safety culture
• Work safely
• Follow procedures
• To work efficiently whilst ensuring minimum amount of material is wasted.
• Ensure working time is spent productively, don’t wait to be to be told if nothing to do ask
• To maintain a high level of food hygiene and food safety working within with Good Manufacturing Practices to minimise the risks of:
• Mistakes being made
• Producing a substandard product
• Customer complaints
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job