Production Operative / Machine Operator / Technician, Salary; £28,763 PA
Based; Scarborough, 12hr shifts (4 shifts over 8 – days & nights)
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Technical Production Operatives / Machine Operator’s / Technician’s to work for a leading, award winning employer in their food production facility based in Scarborough. Candidates with experience from within food production / manufacturing or working in a Machine Operator, Technician, Engineer type role would be beneficial but is not essential as full training and development is available for candidates demonstrating potential and aptitude.
Overview of the role:
- Operating Plant Machinery - Carry out start up checks for all equipment, continually monitor and carry out any adjustments as required for efficient running. Calibrating, fault finding and rectifying as required
- Continually monitor and carry out tests to determine if area quality is being achieved, taking corrective action when appropriate and informing all applicable parties. Input traceability production run data into computer system
- Carry out the operator maintenance schedule and plant checks for all equipment
- Manual handling and packaging of goods
- Assist in training new operatives
- Ensure areas are maintained to 5S, Hygiene and Health & Safety standards at all times
- Be trained in, operate and understand a number of areas within the factory
- Deliver outstanding efficiency, quality, and value, having a positive impact on cost efficiencies and first time quality scores achievement.
- Ability to operate or be able to learn to operate machinery in an efficient and correct manner.
- Experience in food production or in a production operative, technical operative, machine operator, technician, engineer or similar role would be desirable, ideally with a mechanical aptitude.
- Must be computer literate.
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions with an eye for detail, problem solving ability and able to work in a precise and quality focused way.
- FLT licence would be beneficial
- Able to work in a small team as well as the wider production team
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative whilst having a positive, proactive and flexible approach to day to day tasks and change.
- The ability to remain focused in a busy and demanding environment is essential for the roles.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply, attaching your CV.