Role: Production Manager / Cell Leader
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary & Package: Highly Competitive Basic Salary + Industry Leading Benefits Package.
N.B. Experience of working in Heavy Engineering - ideally with rotating machinery is an essential requirement for this role
Are you an experienced Production Manager or Cell Leader with experience in Heavy Engineering environments? Are you looking for a new challenging project to work on? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive international growth? The company are a global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide.
With a UK based Head Office, they have been trading for over 120 years and has over 1000 staff members worldwide working across over 20 global sites. There are manufacturing facilities on every continent. The company focuses on industrial rotating equipment and drive units supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to work on new and exciting projects.
Our client requires a cell leader to manage day to day operational activities in their assembly & test areas in. You will provide effective management of the assembly & test area to ensure quality procedures are adhered to, productivity levels are increased and EHS targets are achieved whilst driving the continuous improvement of the overall appearance of the whole assembly & test area.
You will be responsible for:
- To lead and motivate multi-skilled groups of people on complex projects to ensure effective performance to the company’s required production targets.
- To ensure that quality, cost and delivery standards result from the commitment acceptance process and are in line with business strategies and policies.
- To ensure that the assembly & test area complies with all relevant statutory and Company standards, for example Company Health, Safety and Environment policy.
- To implement and facilitate the set up of the assembly & test areas.
- Lead the creation of gearbox build manuals, co-ordinating input from other functions such as quality and engineering.
- To ensure the standards set for cleanliness in the assembly & test areas are achieved.
- To monitor and report back when these standards have not been achieved.
- Deliver company team briefing’s and toolbox talks.
- Create and maintain skills matrices and training plans for each team member.
- Manage and report the time management of the operator’s inculding shift arrangements, holiday’s, absenteeism, and day to day attendance. Through the T& A system and shift charts etc
- Strong understanding of rotating equipment assembly methods, preferably in a heavy fitting environment
- Experience of marine gearboxes and associated ancillaries desirable
- Knowledge of common Microsoft office software
- Knowledge of engineering, manufacturing techniques and business systems (preferably SAP)
- FLT licence desirable
- Can do attitude and the willingness to do a variety of tasks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£42,000.00 per year
- Rotating Equipment
- Heavy Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'