The Role of Production Engineer is to learn the methodologies of the Lean and six sigma, and continuous improvement and with the support of the senior production engineers and Production manager support the cell structures with regards to day to day support, process improvement workshops, NPI, Routing and BOM system updates.
Key duties of the position include:
- Day to day support of production cells to ensure timely delivery of customer expectations.
- Review of cell Efficiencies and Utilisation figures.
- Support the R&D function with NPI & existing product development.
- Involvement in cost down projects?
- Responsible for CAPA and root cause analysis.
- Learn and develop product BOM’s, routings and work instructions.
- Play a crucial role within the Production engineering team and support all members when required.
Key skills we are looking for:
- At least 3 years’ experience in Production Engineering, industrial engineering function.
- NVQ level 4, HNC or equivalent in Electro mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of ERP systems including, BOM’s, Routings, Master data.
- A good understanding of lean principles and the analysis of production processes
- Basic understanding of NPI and gated processes.
- Basic understanding of managing projects and project teams across multiple disciplines.
- Able to compile shop floor process instructions and safe working procedures.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience of E8 systems preferred but not essential.
This is a full time role, including an early Friday finish. The company offers a generous benefits package to all new employees.
- Production Engineering
- Six Sigma
- Lean Principles