We are currently recruiting for a Production Engineer to be based at our client in Portsmouth. They are an industry leader in their field and looking to strengthen an already strong team.
SUMMARY - MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Developing, procuring, installing, and continuously improving manufacturing processes, equipment, and facilities used in the Formaplex Injection Moulding and Assembly Division.
Design of new production processes and optimisation of the layout to maximise productivity, and minimise waste in a safe and cost effective manner.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
- To specify, procure and commission production equipment (tooling, jigs, fixtures, robot ancillaries and testing equipment) from both in-house and external sources.
- Assist the Project Managers in DFM feasibility studies on new sales enquiries.
- Conduct Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis on each new and existing production process and to ensure all arising issues are acted upon.
- Define and develop the work instructions for new and existing processes.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify areas of improvement in existing manufacturing processes and assist in providing a justification for any associated expenditure.
- Assist production in the development of manufacturing layouts with emphasis on the optimisation of parts presentation, and operator movements in line with industry standard 5S, Lean manufacturing and Health and Safety practices.
- Support the Mouldshop Manager in a SMED program to minimise tool change time and maximise machine utilisation.
- Give training and technical support on new equipment and processes.
- Support the mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Engineers in the maintenance and troubleshooting of existing processes, equipment, tooling and site facilities.
- Research and apply new production techniques and technologies to manufacturing.
- Degree or equivalent in and Engineering discipline.
- Ideally 5 years min experience of working in an automotive manufacturing environment, applying proven Production Engineering skills and methodologies.
- Computer literate Microsoft - Word, Excel MRP II Systems (basic use).
- Good concept of Quality control.
- Must be able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Previous relevant experience