Our client, a successful manufacturing firm, have an immediate requirement for a Production Engineer to work on a permanent basis.
The provision of first class general engineering centered on production engineering, New product development, technology acquisition, process improvements and design and analysis support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be able to provide first class general engineering centered on production engineering, new product development, technology acquisition, process improvements and design and analysis support.
- Provide technical support to the New Product Introduction process.
- Provide technical support for machine and process development projects.
- Perform engineering analysis throughout all live projects as required.
- Review and update production routes, including material prices, sub-contractor prices and internal tooling checks.
- Create Manufacturing routes for NPI
- Manage Change control of manufacturing information
- Liaise with subcontractors for external engineering services.
- Liaise with production to update current routes through the Engineering Change Request process.
- Maintain accurate data and documentation references for manufactured parts on both drawing and ERP systems.
- Assist the migration of data from one ERP system to another (EMAX to Epicor).
Time served technician
Degree in a mechanical / manufacturing engineering related discipline - Desirable.
Ability to build models using 3D CAD (SolidWorks or equivalent) - Desirable.
Ability to perform engineering design and analysis with respect to machine components and tooling - Desirable.
Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Project to an advanced level - Desirable.
Experience of delivering projects from cradle to grave and managing safety, quality, delivery, cost and stakeholder expectations - Desirable.
Experience of Project Management and the ability to lead a project team - Desirable.
Ability to develop interpret a drawing and convert to manufacturing instructions - Desirable.
Ability to draw correct conclusions from theoretical / technical information and implement practical solutions - Desirable.
Experience of heat treatments, metallurgy and NDT - Desirable.
Ability to show Continued Professional Development - Desirable.
Remuneration: Negotiable on salary.