Why work at Precision Components Ltd?
Award winning employers, world leaders in the manufacture of Precision Components with ambitious growth plans. A friendly, collaborative working environment where employees are valued and developed. Based in Milnrow, close to Junction 21 of M62, Metrolink within walking distance.
At Precision Components Ltd we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Production Engineer, someone who is keen to make an impact and assist in streamlining our manufacturing processes.
You will be joining a company that is classed as a world leader in the manufacture and supply of high precision compressor rotors, supplying to customers across the globe. We are an expanding company with factories across 3 continents and put significant investment in the development of our employees.
- Ensuring all pre-production activities are carried out effectively and in a time conscious manner so as to support production delivery plans
- Writing machine programmes and identifying tooling requirements
- Participation in feasibility reviews for new components, determining the best manufacturing methods
- Driving improvements in production processes through the use of methodology and the involvement of stakeholders
- Supporting Sales by creating BoMs using MRP system (Epicor)
- Creating programmes using FeatureCAM for CNC Lathes
- Producing CAD drawings using AutoCAD or SolidEdge
- You will be time served (or equivalent experience) and qualified to a minimum level of HNC/HND, with substantial manufacturing experience in Milling, Turning and Grinding and the use of Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ideally you will have previously worked for a manufacturing business producing components of tight tolerances and supported the whole production process from quotation to delivery.
- A strong advantage would be experience of working with a MRP system and familiarity with machine programmes particularly: Fanuc, SMT and Heidenhein and also CAD packages such as AutoCAD & Solid edge.
Job Additional Information:
Rewards & Benefits:
Excellent benefitS package, with a favourable work pattern and 11.45am finish on a Friday, 6% pension scheme, 25+ holidays, healthplan and 4x life assurance.