Production Control & Planning Manager required for our growing manufacturing client based in Burton On Trent. This is a Leadership Position, the Production Control and Planning manager will be a senior memberof the operations team.
We are looking for a high energy individual with a passion to meet and exceed company Goals. Extremely comfortable with the burden of responsibility and accountability that the role will bring. The Organisation is currently in a period of high growth and is transitioning, from a job shop mentality to a business that requires robust planning and production control procedues.
This is not a job for beginners, the successful manager will have experience drive and vision and will have previously worked in an engineering / manufacturing environment and will have led the development of planning methodology
The Production Control and Planning manager as part of his / her core duties will prepare plans, monitor adherence to plan, ensure production documentation is prepared and transacted in a contolled and timely way.
He/She will have a team currently consisting of two storemen and a production control assistant.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Head of Operations. Preparation and Maintenance of a credible plan which loads the shop floor at a level which delivers the companys’s financial and customer service monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Develops what is currently a very basic MRP like system to its maximum potential.
- Takes ownership the plan and reports in a timely manner any potential problems.
- Quickly evaluates and learns the MAX system with particular regard to the MRP/ MPS functions ( the MPS element is important as it provides the route for purchasing to procure and production to manufacture)
- Ensures that both he/she gets themselves and their team upto a proficient standard of understanding of the above. (note this is currently not the status)
- Gather interpret and display meaningful KPI relating to adherence to plan
- Develop a dept culture that focus’ and consistently delivers Continuous Improvement in line with agreed business needs
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the stores and stock control.
- Previous Management experience with possibly a degree in business or Engineering, certainly a good track record and progressive career as a planning manager with appropriate vocational qualifications.
- Personal Qualities will include drive, vision and the ability to make things happen.
Salary guide: £40k to 45k basic + Benefits
- Production Management
- Production Planning
- Business Operations
- Production Processes