Product Marketing Manager
About the Company
Our client is uniquely positioned as a full-service efficiency partner to organisations who intend to reduce energy, water and carbon usage to improve sustainability.
They are passionate about the environment and sustainability issues of course, but on a day-to-day basis what they are really focused on is delivering excellent, practical advice and brilliant products for all their customers equally, from householders to businesses. They pride themselves on giving genuine, high quality service - the kind that people tell their friends about; and on getting it done today for a better tomorrow. Through their values and commitments and the work they do, they act now, and every day, to save their customers money and cut carbon.
About the Role
This entrepreneurial & innovative company have attracted more than 20 high profile manufacturers to work with them and who are represented on their website and across their business. This includes household names for categories like LED including Philips, Osram, Verbatim, Soraa & Thorn, through to digital motors manufacturer like Dyson & ABB and water product manufactures like Hansgrohe, Grohe to mention just a few.
Now is the time to manage and optimise these supplier relationships in a more focused way, to ensure their website represents them and their products in the best way possible. That pricing and product specification are up to date, and are clear, and easily available to customers and as important, their staff alike. Managing and maximising the relationships with their partner manufacturers will be key in leveraging joint marketing opportunities to drive up sales and awareness in the categories you manage.
They are therefore seeking, a highly commercial Product Marketing Manager to join their energetic team to play a key part in delivering the next phase in their online growth and to provide product support to their UK wide consultative and projects sales team.
Key Responsibilities & Skills
Anyone who has worked in a start-up knows that it is a "get the job done" environment where your title means little and what you do, and delivery means a lot. CEO’s "hit the streets" and sell, and in this case has driven many of their manufacture partnerships, a lot of HR responsibilities are done by individual hiring managers. Everyone answers phones, and supports the day-to-day business operations when needed. With the right people, it’s a great and experience and everyone pitches in where they can to help the company move forward and grow.
- Formal marketing qualification and product marketing experience - you will understand and have experience delivering the basic disciplines of a product marketing across multiple product, categories and manufactures.
- Working within what we call our head of customer acquisition, helping build this team and with regular interaction with our CEO.
- Experience in LED lighting, water products, energy and water saving / sustainability will be a distinct advantage, especially LED.
- An analytical individual (good Excel skills) that can manage all aspects of pricing, volumes tracking and contribution tracking. The ability to track and identify trends, across product, competitors and markets.
- Online experience - we attract our customers large and small and sell through our website so experience in representing products in the most optimised way online is critical.
- Personable - the ability to get on the "radar" and to build valuable commercial relationships with the key contacts from our partner manufacturers.
- Professional - working directly with their CEO and senior managers across global brands.
- You can talk the talk - strategy vs tactics
- Full driving license happy to travel to meet suppliers in the UK and abroad.
- The energy, urgency and ambition to transform how they approach product management.
- A personality that key influences with their manufacturer partners will warm to and want to work with.
- Ability and experience to travel internationally if needed
Your main tasks will include:
- Developing a road map / work plan for the categories, manufacturers, & products you represent
- Seek "buy in" from their senior team and the senior contacts they have established with each manufacturer.
- Liaising with their marketing department or similar of key suppliers to obtain materials necessary for on-boarding of product to the website
- Liaising with internal stakeholders for the creation of assets i.e. imagery, copy and PDFs for the website
- Management of all supplier price lists - ensuring that website and other prices are adjusted accordingly based on latest pricing
- Competitor analysis - identifying key competitors for each category and review pricing on a regular basis
- On-going supplier contact to ensure they are at the forefront of their minds for new product announcements allowing them to stay one step ahead of the competition
- Identifying new brands and products with unique energy & water saving capabilities
- Managing internal price book.
- Internal & external training - manage training of our staff and engaging with our customers on your products and manufacturers
- Supporting and being the interface between products and their consultative sales team
- Engage with their install teams to learn about the products they are installing - what is good and what is not. Using these learning to improve our offering.
- Marketing around your categories and products
- Creation of KPI’s and tracking of your personal & portfolio performance
This is a rare and unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company at a very exciting stage where you will play a key part in helping to build a market leading brand and with that a multi-million-pound turnover.
- Product Manager
- Product Marketing
- Relationship Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job