Are you passionate about product, an innovator, and always thinking ahead of the curve? If the answer is yes, we have the role for you!
Our client is a leading, trend driven brand within the gift and stationery industry, who design iconic gift and stationery for leading retailers worldwide. They are currently looking for a Product Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will love good design, be commercially minded, and able to spot a trend. This is a product driven role that requires you to work closely with the Account Managers and top Buyers in the industry, producing unique, commercial ranges for them. Ideally you will be a buyer with product development experience working within a high volume buying retailer.
Could you be the new team member this fantastic company is looking for?
Your role at Product Manager/Product Developer will involve:
- Regular Comp shopping the market to keep top of new trends and products emerging.
- Continuously review sales on existing ranges and products to help decide future development.
- Attending meeting alongside the Account Manager, meeting with the Buyers to discuss new trend, product and range ideas.
- Taking briefs from buyers or account manager on new projects/season and develop their concepts and new product ideas.
- Thinking commercially about product making sure it is suitable for the retailer you are working with.
- Analysing range performance and use information for developing new and adding to current ranges.
- Briefing factories clearly with product specifications and negotiating initial pricing.
- Briefing internal teams on initial NPD and initial sample requirements ensuring that the product teams know ideal RRPs, target margins etc.
- Working with internal team managing critical paths ensuring that required dates are met.
- Liaising with the Buyers/internal team throughout the development stages.
- Attending tradeshows in UK and Round the world.
- Working with the design team briefing new ranges to be visualised.
- Ensuring all pre-production and production samples are organised and signed off internally and externally.
For this Product Manager/Product Developer role, you will have:
- 3+ years of working as a Buyer for a leading high-volume retailer or be a Product manager supplying to high volume retailer within a creative environment.
- Experience of working with own-brand development, Ideally FOB experience.
- Extensive experience working with critical paths and development time lines.
- Must already have exposure to the gift, accessories, stationery, greeting cards or beauty industry.
- In depth understanding of margins and a strong commercial sense awareness is essential.
- Excellent trend appreciation.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Positive, upbeat approach.
Why you’ll love this job:
- Great company who really nurture and encourage their team to grow and develop within their role and the business.
- Enviable product portfolio and client list.
- Fun, creative environment with a great team.
What they’ll love about you:
- You believe in the brand: Its products, its values, and where it’s going.
- You always go the extra mile.
- Your winning smile and sparkling personality!
If you are the Product Manager / Product Developer this fantastic company is looking for, get in touch and send us your CV today!
- Advanced Excel
- Product Development
- Product Innovation
- Trend Awareness
- critcal path
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job