Product Category Management Assistant - Chandlers Building Supplies - High Street, Godstone
We are now recruiting for a Product Category Management Assistant based at our Branch Support Centre in Godstone.
You will be required to assist the Category Management team in maintaining the price, cost, and product file in a timely, friendly, and dependable manner and in accordance with the strategy set out by the team to optimise company sales, gross profit, and stock turn.
Chandlers Building Supplies is a highly successful Independent Builders Merchant with branches across the UK.
At Chandlers we are proud to be part of the Independent Builders Merchant Group (IBMG), the largest independent builders’ merchant in the South of England. Our combined group serves our customer base through 123 branches extending from Cornwall to Kent, with revenues in excess of £500 million and employs over 1,700 colleagues. Our sister companies include Stamco Timber, Parker Building Supplies, Fairalls, Grant & Stone Builders Merchants, RGB Building Supplies, CRS Building Supplies, buildit, devondale, Trading Depot and Total Plumbing Supplies.
We are looking for a Product Category Management Assistant at our Branch Support Centre in Godstone.
To support the Category Management Function by:
- Reacting to all requests including new products and/or product amendments from branches whilst ensuring that such requests comply with company policies.
- Reacting to supplier cost price changes, MOQs changes and implementing them to optimise any profit opportunities.
- Taking every opportunity to improve the amount and accuracy of relevant data held in the product file to help other users get the maximum benefit from the system.
- Assisting in the implementation of company policy on pricing, margin protection and inventory optimization.
- Developing an understanding of the suggested ordering system and assisting with the implementation of it across the branches.
- Liaising with Purchase Ledger in settling supplier invoice queries.
- Supporting the management of material allocations during periods of shortage.
- Assist with the management of supplier agreements as delegated by the Group Category Director. Ensure that company policies about computer systems procedures and administration are always followed.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Branch Support Centre and branch employees thus optimising communication and understanding.
- Actively safeguard against theft of Group goods or property by being always security conscious.
- Take a pro-active approach in ensuring the health and safety of employees and customers, reporting, and responding to any potential H & S concerns/issues.
Total of 42.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Joining Chandlers means joining the leading and largest Independent Builders’ Merchant in the South of England. We provide training, support, and opportunities for career progression through our commitment to creating a great work environment where you’re encouraged to be and do your best.
You’ll be joining a friendly and welcoming team. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive salary, pension, bonus scheme, employee assistance programme, perks membership and staff discount.
- Computer Systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Organisational Skills
- Strategic Planning
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'