Procurement Support Officer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Please note that this position is being offered as a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
The Procurement Support Officer will support the Procurement function in various aspects, including managing and fielding supplier queries, supporting market engagement events and providing contract administration. The Procurement Support Officer will also support the delivery of research and analysis which informs category plans and potential improvements to the management of suppliers and markets. The individual will seek opportunities to remove waste, implement technologies and automate processes within existing contractual restrictions.
The role requires good analytical skills to explore alternative solutions which meet customer requirements.
* Support the Procurement function, including managing and fielding supplier queries, market engagement events and providing contract administration.
* Lead on the delivery and development of contract and supplier amendment and update processes including, contract novations, price uplifts and onboarding new suppliers to ECC, liaising with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
* Deliver robust research and analysis to support the team and ensure category plans are up to date and the management of suppliers and markets meet client needs.
* Deal effectively with supplier correspondence, ensuring that messaging is conducted in a fair, transparent and auditable manner.
* Support the delivery of low risk sourcing processes, ensuring compliance with the Council's Procurement Policy and Procedures.
* Support the development, planning and delivery of improvement projects, ensuring effective stakeholder management and compliance with existing contractual requirements.
* Adopt a continuous improvement approach to systems and processes to support the development of best practice for wider department benefit.
* Support on reporting requirements with particular focus on performance management, risk management and corporate measures.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Educated to RQF level 3 (A Level) or experience of working in a commercial environment. Interested in pursuing a career in procurement and either studying for or wishing to study for CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) accreditation.
* Ability to develop knowledge and skills in role.
* Basic knowledge of public sector procurement law.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel to enable analysis of datasets. Solid working knowledge of PowerPoint and MS Word.
* Good communication verbal, written and presentation skills with strong customer focus and a drive to provide a valued service.
* A positive attitude: a 'can do' approach, good work ethic and willingness to learn
* Appreciation of working in a political environment and an ability to understand and respond to different perspectives.
- "Procurement" or "Purchasing" or "CIPS" or "MCIPS"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'