A great opportunity has arisen for a proven Procurement professional to join a well-established North Lincolnshire manufacturing business as Procurement Manager.
Our client is a consumer-product manufacturing business who provide to some of the leading retail brands across the UK.
Their procurement department supports the fast-paced manufacturing function in supplying competitively priced raw materials to enable efficient and cost effective output.
Working closely with the Operations Director, the new Procurement Manager will ensure that raw materials are ordered using company systems are delivered in a timely fashion and are available as required by the production plans.
- Ensures all elements of the MRP system are in place to allow effective use of the process.
- To place orders in a timely fashion to meet production needs
- To ensure all support info and in/out booking administration is maintained to allow effective use of MRP.
- To investigate any 'write downs’ to establish why and prevent future occurrences.
- To develop and maintain strategy for manging excess/slow moving and obsolete stock
- To be responsible for the delivered price of sundry materials, always ensuring the agree specification standards are maintained
- To work closely with production management and procurement/stores personnel on KanBan/Kits/replenishment strategies for shop floor sundry items not covered by MRP.
- To target moving these non MRP items to MRP.
- To work with production management on maintaining an efficient cycle counting process for all stock areas.
- To deliver and fulfil objectives and directions from management.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
The successful candidate for the Procurement Manager position will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a procurement role within a fast moving production environment. They will also have the following:
Good MRP knowledge
Good IT skills, mainly Excel, Work, & PowerPoint.
Capable of leading a medium sized team of people with good people management skills, able to work as a team member as well as a manager.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to work in a senior management team on improvement programs.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'