Procurement Manager – Permanent – Full Time – Competitive Salary
Based in Eye, Suffolk
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager for our world leading manufacturing client based close to Diss, Norfolk. Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will lead the Procurement team to deliver year on year cost down, whilst providing exceptional service levels to the business by combining excellent relationship management skills.
- To create and deliver an effective purchasing strategy.
- To manage and target, proactively identify and remove non-value-added costs within the supply chain.
- To introduce systems and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce the overall spend while increasing overall effectiveness.
- To optimise the use and effectiveness of the existing MRP platform.
- To identify, introduce and maintain a UK & Global supplier and subcontract network, developing key relationships to support the strategic and operational improvement needs of the business.
- To drive down raw material and bought-out finished component costs year on year.
- To negotiate and agree beneficial framework agreements and contracts.
- To manage and maintain supplier audits and approval processes.
- To consider and implement a make or buy strategy to provide cost reduction
and optimum profitability for the business.
- To challenge existing processes, systems and practices demonstrating a bias for action to make a difference in departmental effectiveness.
- You will ideally have a minimum of 5 years but ideally 10 years procurement management experience.
- Experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Significant hands-on experience of ERP systems.
- Ideally MCIPS preferably with a degree in business or accounting.
- Natural leader and influencer.
- Relentless drive for best performance.
- Very comfortable interacting at all levels of the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Top class negotiator.
- Comfortable being hands on and diving into detail where required.
If you are interested in this role please apply with an up to date CV or call and ask for Donna Corbyn
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"