We're part of Europe's leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We're always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they'll love. And it's the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
The role will provide key commercial support across the business and supplier base and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of suppliers.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the In-life team within Operations Enablement, you will focus on key categories and suppliers that supply products used in the manufacture of our set top boxes and broadband equipment, supporting our outsourced manufacturing partners.
- Lead commercial negotiations
- Planning, creation and execution of sourcing exercises
- first and second tier supplier negotiations, including contractual negotiations
- Understanding operational data, including planning commercial analysis, producing high quality presentation material
- Project managing products to ensure smooth implementation across the business
- Business intelligence (product, market and supplier)
- Commercial management, analysis and assessment of suppliers
- Develop and apply comprehensive knowledge and insight of suppliers
- Work closely with Supply Planning to monitor demand fluctuations and determine required actions to ensure minimal business impact
- Work with suppliers with regard to minimising environmental impacts and enhancing the profile of environmental matters
- Manage and plan all sourcing activities in advance of business requirements, liaising as necessary with business functions to ascertain requirements
- Negotiate key commercial and contractual requirements with stakeholders to ensure cohesive approach
- Regular contact with suppliers to ensure well versed with market, component and technology developments
- Working with the category areas, supporting sourcing exercises to meet business requirements in a timely and effective manner
- Perform project management activities with other parts of Sky, in particular our engineering teams, to ensure the smooth implementation of sourcing introductions.
- Maintenance of department purchasing database, to include Cost Scenarios, Bill of Materials, Exception reporting and resolution.
- Conduct regular product, market and supplier research and analysis as required, including cost breakdown analysis of products.
- Capable of assessing key data relating to supplier business/financial appraisals focusing on annual performance and strategic business direction
- Conversant with operational infrastructure of the product supply and service infrastructure, monitor external factors relating to Sky and your individual categories.
- Understand business imperatives and strategies pertinent to the success of operations and the wider business
- Understand points of risk within your categories, including Single Points of Failure (SPOF's), monthly lead-times and End of Life timelines
- Good team operator with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Production of high quality presentations and commercial analysis
- Liaise directly with supplier and internal stakeholders; Planning, Engineering, In-Life, Compliance, Finance and Legal.
- Experience of manufacturing and supply chain procurement for technology hardware
- Ideally experience working within IT / Electronics manufacturing environment
- Sound commercial acumen, capable understanding complex business issues
- Knowledge of Category Management & SRM programmes
- Strong, professional and refined negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Adept at handling and analysing large amounts of data
- Proven organisational, communication and presentation skills
- Time management skills and ability to prioritise and balance multiple activities
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance.
- Tenacious, confident self-starter
- Meticulous in completing tasks to high standards and tight deadlines
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job