The Procurement Manager will develop, lead and manage the procurement process for all plant (e.g. engineering), and business (e.g. logistics) expenditure for the current business unit across the UK & Europe
My client is a leading chemicals manufacturer based in the North West and they are seeking for the job holder to work as part of a commercial team which manages all aspects of customer service, sales, planning, logistics and procurement.
- Owner of vendor master data and responsible for vendor creation in SAP.
- To ensure appropriate purchase orders are placed and maintained in SAP in a timely and
- To ensure defined policies, processes and authorities for order placement are adhered to.
- To maintain databases, ensuring procurement project statuses and contracts are up-to-
date, accessible and transparent.
- To lead reviews of procurement processes to identify improvements which deliver
efficiency savings and improved control.
- To drive improvements to the quality of the purchase order information received from the
- To support accounts payable in the resolution of invoice queries or issues.
- To produce spend reports and information to the management team as and when
required to support decision making.
- To develop procurement specific KPIs to measure individual and business performance
against set objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a buying role within a manufacturing environment.
- Track record of delivering savings through identifying opportunities and supplier negotiation through to completion.
- Ability to draft and execute tenders.
- Educated to A-Level standard with minimum GCSE qualifications in English and Maths.
- Procurement qualification (CIPS or equivalent) desirable.
- Knowledge of procurement & wider supply chain processes and controls.
- Tender drafting and process management.
- Contract drafting, execution and management.
- Contract law awareness.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Process improvement/root cause analysis.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly a comprehensive understanding of Excel.
- Experience of SAP or similar ERP system exposure.
- Self-control capacity to deal with challenging situations and individuals.
- Excellent attention to detail, in particular SHE and quality standards.
- Good communication skills.
- On time review and tender process for agreement/contract renewals.
- Measurement and recording of reports and KPIs.
- Use of procurement systems and databases to track and record progress.
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £45k plus very competitive package for the ideal candidate
- Procurement Manager