Job Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Thurs 8.30am - 5pm and Fri 8.30 - 3.45pm
A leading Technology & Manufacturing company based in Wimborne are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join their team. This position will see you purchasing all supplies, equipment and materials for day to day manufacturing requirements and specific customer projects.
This company has a long and established history within the area and is well renowned around the world for their innovative product range and designs.
Within this role you be the main driving force for the Procurement Department of the business and will be supported by Procurement and Production Assistants.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Purchasing of supplies, equipment and materials in line with manufacturing requirements.
- Liaising with departmental leads regarding purchasing requisitions, requests for quotation and purchase orders
- Expediting purchase orders ensure timely receipt of goods and services
- Ensure correct stock level checks are administered and carried out as per purchasing requirements
- Be responsible for sourcing new suppliers and products, vendor checking, negotiating all contracts, pricing and supplier management and revues
Our ideal candidate will:
- Possess experience within a Senior; Buying, Purchasing, Procurement or Supply Chain position, ideally within a Manufacturing, Engineering or Production environment.
- Be someone who has the drive & determination to achieve positive results
- Demonstrable negotiating and influencing skills, excellent communication & interpersonal skills, a desire to work for an aspiring, fast paced and expanding company.
- Be computer literacy including competence in Microsoft packages.
- Either hold CIPS qualifications or have an interest in the future to achieve procurement qualifications
- Be seeking to achieve a rewarding & successful career within purchasing for a globally recognised company that values its staff.
In return you will be offered an excellent starting salary and company benefits package that includes;
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Free parking
- Employee assistance program benefits that include access to legal advice, discounts at various partnered retail outlets
- Excellent working environment
For more information regarding this position or if you would like to apply, please forward a copy of your CV.
Areas of interest: Buyer, Procurement, Purchaser, Purchasing, Supply Chain
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job