• Ensure quality, best value and timeliness is maximised from key 3rd party providers to SHL.
• Identification and execution of opportunities to reduce costs and streamline purchasing processes.
• Development of a robust compliance and security strategy across the company (over 20 Business Units in as many countries), and through the supply chain.
• Minimise risks to SHL Group whilst allowing the entrepreneurial character of the business to flourish
• Engage with key stakeholders across the business to develop and support the effective management of third party providers.
• Manage negotiations with key providers to SHL and develop stronger commercial, cost effective and risk mitigating strategies and contractual relationships, with a particular focus on IT procurement.
• Undertake a review and reduction in the SHL supplier base and contribute to a streamlining of the supplier engagement and processing within SHL.
• Develop the Procure to Pay system (currently Coupa) to manage all supply contracts, and all other data.
• Develop and mentor those regularly negotiating with 3rd party providers on behalf of SHL.
• Management (either directly or via the Procurement Administrator) of helpdesk in-boxes, new supplier requests, review of supplier quotations and T&Cs and all other requests for Procurement assistance.
• MCIPS qualified graduate.
• 5 years experience of strategic procurement and supply chain management.
• Proven track record of effective savings and cost reduction through supplier management and the supply chain.
• Strong commercial and negotiations skills, with IT/technology focus.
• Previous experience of working in a global multi-site procurement role, ideally with a focus on indirect spends and sub-contracted direct labour services.
• Highly articulate with good numeracy and written presentation skills; must be able to provide regular accurate updates on savings achieved.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are essential - the job holder is required to influence the behaviour of senior people over whom they have no direct authority
• Microsoft Office IT literacy.
• Must be detail-conscious and well-organised and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to demonstrate tangible results through working with the organization, not against it.
• Ideally line management experience.