Procurement Finance Manager
Based in Luton, Bedfordshire, our client, a leading employer in the area, is looking for a qualified accountant to join them as a Procurement Finance Manager.
This job would suit an ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified accountant who can work in partnership with Finance, Procurement and wider business colleagues to provide the financial planning, analysis, insight and reporting for and support the commercial understanding of all financial impacts from Procurement activity across the business.
The company is one of the most successful businesses in the area with an enviable record of expansion and growth in new and varied markets whilst also building its core business consistently over the years. They have a proven track record of developing and empowering their employees while offering progression and advancement second to none in the area.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACCA) with a stable but progressive track record to date. You will have in-depth experience of working with non-finance managers on either cost issues or commercial opportunities. Being able to illustrate significant business partnering and relationship building skills with specific business functions in order to add value will be imperative in this position. The nature of the business means a background in FMCG, retail, leisure, travel, or other fast moving sectors will be highly advantageous.
Duties will include:
- Provide excellent insight into product, market and supplier performance
- Provide an understanding of new trends, demands and opportunities
- Support key contract negotiations as requested with bespoke Financial support, analysis and insight
- Utilise existing systems to understand spend across the business better than anyone
- Look for opportunities to systemise/automate spend reporting
- Provide an overarching view of economic and market trends and movements
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting process with the Procurement Director and senior team
- Co-ordinate the Procurement inputs to financial plans with the FP&A teams
- Help to drive a culture where procurement is future facing and externally referenced to ensure we are constantly aware of opportunities and threats
- Design, develop and agree the correct procurement KPIs and metrics (e.g. inflation) to report to the wider business, ensuring they are appropriately stretching
- Own the periodic production of these KPIs, for presentation at the Exec meeting
- Influence and support across the finance, procurement and supply chain teams.
- Work with relevant stakeholders in both areas to ensure a holistic view of decisions, reflecting both procurement and supply chain requirements, is reflected in decision making
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team - with due emphasis on coaching and development, ensuring that they are well equipped with all the necessary commercial skills
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the area's most prestigious employers in a senior position that is normally only reserved for internal promotions.
For more information about this role or any other Procurement Finance Manager jobs in Bedfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability