Global IT/Telecommunications firm is looking for an experienced Procurement Director to join its Central London based EMEA head office.
Reporting to the CFO the successful candidate will oversee a team of c.18, with 6 direct reports.
- Builds strong relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Coordinates and communicates company requirements across multiple business units.
- Delivers against corporate initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, and supplier rationalisation. Provides thought leadership, continually identifies and implements new opportunities for cost savings, cost avoidance and proactively tracks progress towards these objectives. Prepares and presents business cases, return on investment models, and change management programs to stakeholders and senior management. Implements and measures cost savings, reduction, and avoidance programs and strategies. Continually refines these programs to deliver optimal results for the company.
- Continually benchmarks practices against best in class programs in order to effectively translate the analysis into action.
- Sets complex category strategies and manages high visibility negotiations to achieve cost savings goals and objectives.
- Leads negotiation and purchasing of capitalised and operating/service expenses.
- Sets strategy and leads the development, implementation, and management of corporate policies, processes, compliance programs, diversity programs, procurement systems, and metrics reporting.
- Lead the Real Estate team to drive regional Real Estate Strategy including site consolidations (overseeing facilities management, lease negotiations etc for a large portfolio of facilities across EMEA)
- Sets supply chain strategy and leads the development of logistics and warehouse operations and processes against best-in-class programs in order to effectively translate analysis into action.
- Implements value-driven procurement programs that achieve internal savings targets and deliver enterprise wide process improvement. Continually addresses and resolves organisational barriers with agile decision making and outstanding communication of risk versus reward. Provide thought leadership and the ability to execute on global and regional programs.
- Demonstrates Company's values, maintains a positive open demeanour, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognises accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong experience of leading a large Procurement function
- Experience of managing a high number of staff members, including experience of managing managers
- Telecommunications / Technology / IT industry experience would be an advantage but is not essential, but candidates must have experience from large, matrix, preferably global organisations
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of adding value, cost saving, and affecting change within evolving business models
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including business partnering, negotiation and stakeholder management experience
- Must have excellent IT skills, especially MS Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job