Our client is an established and successful company based in County Durham. They are currently looking for a Process Engineer to join their team. If you are interested and meet the person specification of the job role, please apply below.
- Responsible for hands-on production engineering for our rapidly expanding, innovative Tier One design and manufacturing company.
- Work in manufacturing engineering department in order to improve efficiency and maximise return on investment
- You will implement manufacturing processes using lean manufacturing principles
- You will develop continuous improvement initiatives and support KPS (Lean) engineering function
- You will be involved in the design and development of new machining processes, test benches and assembly equipment
- Your will assess, improve and manage your KPI’s
- You will be familiar with factory and equipment analysis
- You will manage engineering change
- You will deal with new product introductions
- You will liaise and encourage integration of all other departments
- You will be expected to develop a strong working knowledge of all products, equipment and production processes through daily monitoring and reacting to process or manufacturing difficulties to support maintenance function as required, and to maintain product quality, manufacturing effectiveness and drive continuous improvement
- You will find the ideal balance between performance and sustainability while responding to the environment issues that shape our industry
- You will plan and deliver work to ensure the release in time for production.
- A key part of the role is to develop and enhance the planning and processes
- Optimise the current production process within both the manufacturing process control
- Process/Manufacturing engineering industry experience, preferably in an automotive Tier One or OEM with 2 years’ experience in a similar Process/Manufacturing Engineer role
- Must have a relevant engineering degree (or equivalent) having worked in an engineering background
- Must have experience of introducing process improvements and operational knowledge of KPIs
- Must have experience of 6 sigma and value analysis techniques
- Must have experience of working with continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques
- Must have good IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office packages and 3D CAD packages.
- Must have knowledge of health and safety and hazardous materials regulations
- Must have a working knowledge of, or hands-on experience with, automotive production processes including PLC etc
- Must have basic knowledge of financials
- Must have very good communication skills (oral and written) and influencing skills
- Must have a full UK drivers licence with access to own vehicle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job