In the hustling, bustling city of Phnom Penh, our partner is a peace-building and youth empowering organisations aiming to inspire and empower the next generation of leaders in South-East Asia.
This NGO aims to prepare students to tackle the complex social and environmental problems of the region, collaboratively and unhindered by the memories of past conflicts or stereotypes. They have recently requested help from us to help them formalise the set-up and streamlining of information between their branches in Cambodia, USA and the other offices in South East Asia.
They need a volunteer accountant to support the team in four different areas:
1. Donor reporting: They have stringent requirements which the organisation needs support in understanding
2. Financial Procedures: They would like you to streamline the financial policies, procedures and information between the Cambodian and USA entities so there is a clear distinction
3. Capacity Building: Provide training to accountant they are hoping to hire in January and other members of team in particular around donor reporting.
4. Registering locally: Currently, they are only registered in Cambodia but are thinking about localising in other countries so would like you to go over the requirements with them and help them assess what financial model for the US branch would be and the financial planning requirements for this.
Need a fresh challenge.. to do something worthwhile?
Keen to volunteer & share your skills & experience?
If that's a YES (x3), please visit www.afid.org.uk and find out how we can tailor a volunteer placement that's right for you. Click the 'apply now' button if you would like to find out more about volunteering overseas.
We are confident you’ll encounter a variety of new and exciting challenges, share new experiences with inspiring people and learn skills that will give you confidence to face challenges in other areas of your life. You’ll be inspired and get back so much more than you give!
Career Benefits: This broad and wide-ranging assignment is a great opportunity for accountants thinking about a career move to the international development to get an extensive insight in just a few weeks.
Phnom Penh: The glimmering spires of the Royal Palace, the fluttering saffron of the monks’ robes and the luscious location on the banks of the mighty Mekong - this is the Asia many daydream about from afar.
AfID Workshop: A practical insight for accountants looking to work in the sector either as a volunteer or in a salaried position. Next date - Friday 18th May. For more information, or to book, please get in touch.
- Finance Director
- Finance Manager
- Management Accountant
- Qualified Chartered Accountant