We are Kaplan International English (KIE), a group of more than 40 English language schools across the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and part of Kaplan Inc. one of the US best known education brands. Our learners are typically aged 16 to 25 years, travel to study with us from more than 150 countries. We provide them with tuition, airport pick-ups, accommodation. We even provide fun, educational things for our students to do in their leisure time. Our recommendation rate is 97% so it’s an easy product to enthuse about, with great scope in terms of customer relationship management.
Established in 2010, KIE Manchester is located in modern, central city office premises with beautiful views of Piccadilly gardens. The working environment is highly international, fast-paced and customer driven, with the KIE Manchester team committed to delivering high levels of customer service and to helping each and every KIE student to achieve their education and personal goals. As a learning environment, KIE is fun, social and academically progressive, making the most of cutting edge technology to deliver a study experience which is engaging and effective.
We are now recruiting a Principal to provide leadership, direction and management of the Kaplan International English Language Manchester School. You’ll be responsible for the smooth and successful running and development of the school operation and will line manage all academic and customer service staff.
Your main responsibilities:
- plan, organise and monitor the daily achievement of school goals and objectives
- manage staff productivity and effectiveness measures
- implement fair and consistent HR practices, e.g Recruitment
- showcase and promote school to visitors and staff (sales, marketing and social media) to build the school’s reputation and increase sales
- ensure a high level of customer service levels are delivered to students, agents, colleagues, suppliers and homestay providers at all times
- develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external sales staff
- lead regular school staff meetings
- manage expenditure items according to the school budget to maximise the school’s profit potential
- ensure the business remains compliant with UKVI, ISI, English UK and BC requirements
- maintain familiarity with good health and safety practices and respect any such relevant codes of conduct
- ensure school premises and facilities are kept in a proper state of maintenance and repair
- other duties as deemed necessary by the Operations Manager or Director of Operations UK & Ire
To be successful in the role you’ll have the following:
- a bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- experience of managing a team within a language school context
- knowledge of British Council and ISI inspection criteria
- knowledge of UK VI regulations
- ability to manage performance and development of staff
- ability to demonstrate international and cultural sensitivities
- an interest in industry developments and commitment to personal development
- a high level of financial and commercial acumen
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- excellent IT skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- significant experience of managing a language school (desirable)
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Kaplan International - Manchester, 6th Floor, 1 Portland Street, M1 3BE
Application method and closing date
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role via our online form by the 18th March, 2018.
- International Education
- International Students
- Learning Environment
- Student Welfare
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job