Principal Social Worker - Youth Justice Service - Well-established Local Authority
A well-established Local Authority is looking for a PrincipalSocial Worker (Assistant Team Manager) to join their Youth Justice Service team in Wales. The successful candidate will join a supportive and dedicated team that aims to support young persons involved in offending behaviour.
If you are looking for a role where you can gain management experience, this post will allow you to gain experience managing a range of workers within the Service and deputising for the management team. This will allow you to further develop your management skills, increase your confidence and will stand you in good stead to progressing your career to higher management levels.
The salary for this post is up to £40 per hour, which is higher than typical Assistant Team Manager roles. This means you will have more money at the end of each week to spend on the lifestyle you desire and greater financial stability.
This post offers a rolling contract, which means it will be renewed at 3 month intervals. This locum post therefore provides agency workers with the stability of a long-term job and the financial stability that comes with a stable stream of income. You will not have to stress about finding a new post in a few months time, especially in the current climate!
The successful candidate will be working with children and young people aged 0 - 17 years old who have had involvement with offending behaviour. The successful candidate must be a qualified social worker who has experience working with youth offenders and experience as an Assistant Team Manager or as an Advanced Practitioner.
The responsibilities of the job include:
- Supervising young persons who have been referred to the Youth Justice Service by the police or sentenced by the youth court
- Provide line management to workers within the Service
- Work alongside staff from education, police, probation and health services
- Assess young people's individual situations and decide what interventions are required - could include support with education and training, help with substance misuse, assistance with employment
- Working to improve the outcomes for young people entering the criminal justice service or those who are at risk of doing so
If you are:
- Passionate about helping children and young persons
- Looking for a post where you can develop your management experience and progress your Social Work career; and
- Want to earn a highly competitive hourly salary
Then this is a great role for you!
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to or call Courtney Sanders on and enter the extension 7148 before 19 October 2020.
- Principal Social Worker - Youth Justice Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'