Principal Property Adviser
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
To lead and direct a Regional property acquisition and compensation team, giving clear leadership and direction on all property matters, to ensure effective delivery of the Road Investment Strategy.
To work closely with and advise programme and project managers on all property related issues at all stages of scheme development, including the management and direction of property professionals within their supply chain.
Day to Day:
- As the Principal Property Adviser, provide reliable, accurate and professionally sound property advice to all parts of Highways England, and particularly to programme and project managers in Major Projects managing Road Investment Strategy schemes; at all stages of design, development and construction.
- As the Principal Property Adviser, ensure timely identification of property risks and issues and their mitigation, when necessary escalating to inform effective decision making at programme and project boards relating to property matters.
- Manage the performance of the property supply chain, (professional valuers, surveyors and solicitors) to ensure delivery of high quality services and value for money. Work with programme and project managers to ensure property professionals within their supply chain are acting appropriately, giving direction where necessary.
- Personally manage and take ownership of the stakeholder relationship with important land owners such as the National Trust and local authorities, across the programmes and through the full lifecycle of scheme development and delivery.
- Provide leadership to the Property and Compensation team; developing skills, capability and capacity, to optimise performance and deliver business objectives. Act as a source of expert advice on sensitive and/or complex cases, taking personal ownership of challenging cases when appropriate, and mentoring others who are developing their skills.
- Promote a culture of continual improvement and a customer focused culture across the teams; with the effective use of continual improvement mechanisms deliver efficiency savings.
- Generate, provide, collate and assure the quality of all property related financial and budgetary information and performance information. Use this information to manage overall performance and to identify opportunities for balanced action to improve service performance, delivery, quality and cost.
- Experience of working in a property/land environment or compulsory purchase environment.
- Experience of providing technical property advice to staff at all levels and with different technical understanding and convey complex and challenging information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of contract/supplier management at a leadership level.
- Experience of leading people successfully, enhancing their capability and focussing on effectiveness.
- Interpretation and analysis of data to inform decision making: Taking responsibility for the options and recommendations arising in order to provide professional credibility and authority.
- Professional/Technical Expertise: Managing complex technical risks and decisions and seeking specialist expertise as necessary.
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"