Principal Engineer – Embedded Systems
Due to significant new projects, we are seeking a Principal Engineer (Embedded Systems) to work within the state of the art R+D facility of a leading vehicle manufacturer.
Ideally located – Wolverhampton, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Cannock, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Crewe, Chesterfield, Birmingham
Excellent Salaries + Benefits Packages
Reporting to the Chief Engineer Group Electrical and Electronic Engineering, the successful candidate will join a highly focussed and passionate team leading the electrical hardware and software strategy across the business.
The candidate shall be educated to a degree level preferably with the focus being either control system engineering, software engineering or an embedded system or have the relevant demonstrable skills through experience.
- Experience with design/support/specification of embedded systems.
- Experience testing and testdesign of embeddedsystems.
- Experience of hardwarein the loop / software in the loop / model in the loop environments.
- V Model lifecycle and approach and associated tools (DOORs?)
- Bug and issue tracking.
- Source code version control.
- Software coding to appropriate standards (i.e MISRA C).
- CAN Networks and tools.
- Model based software/control development – Matlab, Simulink etc.
- Automated testing and scripting.
- Software audits / supplier audits.
Leadership of electronic system architecture across the business developing the processes and future strategy associated with embedded systems hardware and software covering all elements of the lifecycle from design through to testing and validation. This will include:
- Developing standard requirements for hardware to ensure that all hardware will survive in a harsh environment.
- Working with business units to develop electronic control systems that fit within our architectures and specifications, perform gap analysis and review proposals.
- Driving an improved software test and validation process, covering supplier testing through to on-machine testing to ensure good coverage and compliance with appropriate coding standards (such as MISRA).
- Developing strategy for an appropriate architecture covering hardware, middleware, firmware, high-level control, low-level control and interfaces.
- Driving aspects such as cyber security, flashing over the air, model based design and sourcing strategies.
- Piloting new techniques and training others.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company and become part of a highly successful and driven team.
Apply in Confidence
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2775GH
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job