Principal DevOps Engineer - Breaking into Banking - £125k
Principal DevOps Engineer for an Investment Bank in the city of London
Salary: £90,000 - £125,000 per annum + up to 15% Bonus + 10% Pension
Job Title: Principal DevOps Engineer for Investment Bank London
Job type: Permanent
Location: This position is based in Bank, Central London.
Commutable from: Surrey, Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire, South London, North London, East London and West London.
Under 10mins from Kings Cross or Euston or Charing Cross or Fenchurch street or Baker Street or London Bridge or Waterloo
- Demonstrate proficiency in Shell Scripting and in one or more of the open source scripting languages Groovy and Python.
- Knowledge of automated package delivery tools - one or more of Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Good understanding of Jenkins 2.0
- Experience with the following application build tools - Npm or Gulp AND Maven or Gradle.
- Working knowledge of Junit and/or Jasmine non-functional, functional and unit test frameworks and tools.
- Good awareness of the software build cycle.
- Understanding of security considerations and security tools used to integrate with the build pipeline covering OWASP top 10.
- Working knowledge of Tomcat and Websphere application servers and java containers.
- Basic infrastructure knowledge - Operating Systems, VM’s, Containers, Proxy, Nginx.
- Willingness to drive to true modern DevOps culture.
- Passion for code quality. An understanding of the entire DevOps tool chain from a quality perspective.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of PaaS and Container infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of build packs and how to access containers.
- Experience of working with cloud providers (e.g. AWS).
- Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools such as UrbanCode deploy.
- Experience working with client's IT organization to establish DevOps strategy at an application level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
Benefits for the Principal DevOps Engineer:
- 25 days holiday- Excluding 8 public holidays each year
- Share Options
- Season Ticket Loan up To £10,000
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Plan
- 10% non-contributory Pension
- Cycle to work scheme up to £10,000
- Excellent canteen facilities
- Team nights out
- Highly competitive salaries
- Flexible Working hours to suit your circumstances when necessary & Family Friendly Policies
- Locally negotiated discounts
- Life Assurance x8
- Childcare Vouchers
Please contact Suthan Karuna at Eximius Group for more info.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'