Primary Trained SEN Teaching Assistant Required
PK Education is currently looking for a Primary trained SEN Teaching Assistant to work within one of our client schools in the Oldbury/ Dudley area. This role is a full-time role for one term which could potentially continue until the end of the academic year.
The school: They are graded outstanding by Ofsted, and are a Community Special School.
They promote an environment where “children develop independence and confidence; and learn through curiosity, play and enquiring.”
Determination and Patience – “we try again”; “we do good waiting”
• Kindness – “we help each other”
• Respect – “we keep the school tidy and listen to each other”
• Courage and Bravery – “we face our fears and go for it”
• Happiness and Joy – “we have fun at school”
• Team Work – “we work together”
• Independence – “we can do unaided work on our own”
The ideal candidate should have the following:
• Level 3 qualification: Supporting Learning in Schools (or equivalent course).
• Or level 6 qualification: Childhood Studies degree (or equivalent course).
• Experience working with SEN students.
• Flexible and available for full time work.
• Current, valid DBS (update service).
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.
• Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.
• Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
• Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive rates of pay from between £8 and £11 per hour (AWR Compliant).
• 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
• Exposure and networking opportunities with associated schools.
Working with Special Educational needs is a rewarding role for a person with a caring and compassionate attitude.
Being proactive, professional and having a positive attitude is what we look for.
For any information and to apply please email Rebecca on