Five Education is supporting a small special school on the Somerset Levels. We are looking for candidates to help support children in their primary base.
We require candidates with experience supporting children with SEND.
The children in the school have a range of needs including Complex Needs, SpLD (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia), Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and SEMH (Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs). The ideal candidates for this school will be positive, proactive and patient.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Working with the teacher to help the pupils access the curriculum including supporting with differentiation
- Supporting the students social and emotional development
- Helping students to learn self-regulation techniques, though a lot of guidance and support will be required
- Keeping students engaged with their work
- Implementing behaviour management tools
- Developing a relationship with the students and their caregivers
- Working with other TAs and support staff
- Working with potential challenging behaviour and/ or complex needs
- Promoting the school's learner-centred approach to education
- A teaching assistant qualification (or similar - candidates with qualifications in education, youth/social work and counselling are welcome to apply)
- At least 12 months of recent teaching assistant or similar experience
- At least 6 months experience teaching or supporting children with SEMH
- A flexible and resourceful approach
- An understanding of the primary curriculum would be ideal
- Will have strong communication and empathy skills
- You will be able to demonstrate positive reinforcement
- Experience of THRIVE would be an advantage but not essential
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Familiarity with the Key Stage 2 and 3 curriculum would be an advantage
- Available 5 days per week, 08:30 - 15:30, Mon - Fri
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'