My client, a Children's nursery, in Rushden are looking for a Pre-School Room Leader to join their large and busy team. This is for a full time permanent position. As a Qualified Pre-School Room Leader, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the rooms and the 44 children in your care, with the help of your team. By leading by example and promoting respect for the role, colleagues and children, throughout the setting, your staff will learn and perform by how you perform your own role on a day to day basis.You will need to have a minimum of Level 3 qualification and good knowledge and experience of the EYFS. The nursery has a capacity for over 70 children, so there is always plenty of opportunities to progress in to a more senior position, as the Nursery always invest in their staff to help them maximise their potential. This position will be 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am-6.15pm, with different shift patterns.
Pre-School Room Leader Responsibilities include:
* To ensure that supervisions are carried out on a regular basis to assist staff with their development.
* Ensure you are familiar with all key policies and procedures and that your staff are kept up to date
* Attending and taking part in staff meetings
* Work in partnership with early years professionals, for example Health Visitors and SEN services.
* To ensure that the appropriate recognition is given to staff who perform well or carry out their duties over and above what is expected.
* To deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework in accordance with nursery policy and guidelines.
* Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage.
* Ensure Accident and Incident books are maintained correctly.
Nursery Room Leader Expectations:
* Childcare qualified to Level 3 / 4 from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE).
* Experience of working with children 0-5 years.
* A working knowledge of the key person role
* Experience in a senior position desired but not essential
* A willingness to self-improve and develop childcare skills.
* A willingness to learn and abide by the nursery policies and procedures
* Competitive salary
* 25 days holiday
* flexible shift patterns
* Study support
* Excellent career opportunities
* Further training if required
If you have previous leadership experience in a Nursery setting and also the relevant qualification, then please apply here and we will be in touch