This nursery situated in South Croydon is looking for a Nursery Nurse to join their Pre-school Room. The nursery is operational 50 weeks of the year closing over the Easter and Christmas breaks. They are open Monday - Friday 07:30 -18:00 and cater for up to 110 children aged between 3 months - 5 years.
The nursery is situated within a large house, the setting ensures that they support all the children’s individual needs and help them to reach their highest potential throughout their learning and development. The setting has 4 main rooms separated into age groups there is a Baby Unit for babies 3 months - 16 months, Toddler Room for 16 months - 2 years an older Toddler Room for children - 3 years and a Pre-School Room for 3-5 years. There is also a sensory / adventure garden with a large grassed play area, they have a large soft play room for children to use throughout the day.
The position will be working with children aged 3-5 year olds within the Pre-school room, ensuring that the room is run to a high standard and assisting the other staff within the room. You will be responsible for 8 key children and the role would include supporting the children in the preparation of going to school, Observing, planning and assessing for the children’s ongoing learning and development through the EYFS framework. You will be working with a team of 4 other staff, supporting all children within the room and having an overall responsibility for your key children. You will need to build trusting relationships with children and professional partnerships with parents.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,500 - £18,500 with a Yearly bonus available
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- Additional Early Years training
- Excellent Transport links
- Residential Parking
- Time out to complete children’s records
- Dedicated support from the management team
- Room for progression within the nursery
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Providing exciting activities for all the children
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Attending parent and staff meetings
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- You will need to support children in the preparation for school.
- Encouraging children with their early writing skills using different mark making
- Teaching children numbers, colours, shapes measuring.
- Supporting children develop their social skills within a group environment.
- Being flexible with your approach towards children’s development needs.
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- Experience of working within a busy pre-school environment
- The ability to work within a small team within the pre-school room
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Great communication skills
- The ability to work within a large team
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Working Team