Our client is a travel giant and they need an experienced, commercial and driven PR Manager to join their Southampton based team. An easy commute via public transport.
This role would be ideal for someone with travel/tourism, hotel or airline experience, but also an option for someone with luxury lifestyle experience too. They are open to people from either an in house or an agency background. If you're an agency person they would really like some travel/tourism experience.
This is a full on PR Manager role. Reporting to the PR Director, you will be responsible for the PR strategy and planning. You will need to commercial and operational. You will need excellent written skills too. A calm approach, with great interpersonal skills and a sense of humour under pressure are a must.
You will need hands-on, very real, crisis management experience. Just knowing the theory won't cut it in this world.
- strong wirtten skils
- pro-active media relations stance/creativity
- knowledge of the travel industy
- excellent travel/lifestyle media contacts
- experience of working with direct level and above
- digital PR
- experience of third part promotions/event management
- crisis management experience
- cruise industry experience
This will be a challenging, demanding and rewarding role. You will need an up to date passport as there will be some travel for press trips and joint projects.