Central Employment are seeking an experienced and client facing PR/Communications Specialist to join a leading North East B2B Marketing Agency.
They are looking for an experienced and passionate PR and Communications professional who can translate complex technical and scientific messages into outstanding campaigns that will position their clients as leaders in their markets and ahead of their competitors.
Main purpose of job:
The PR and Comms Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of a range of different PR and content related projects for clients from technical sectors including manufacturing, engineering, healthcare, science, research, pharmaceutical and technology.
Purpose of this role is:
- To deliver client work to a high standard, to deadline and budget and ensure client satisfaction/retention.
- To deliver content and PR campaigns that will help our clients increase their profile and awareness globally.
- To work with the account director to develop client marketing strategies and plans.
- To develop strong relationships with clients, potential clients, colleagues, press / media and partner companies.
- Support the account director in advising our B2B clients on their marketing strategies - specifically the PR and content elements.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver PR and content for client campaigns.
- Liaise with clients to scope and agree PR and content requirements.
- Create work/project schedules with clear milestones for delivery
- Project manage the delivery of clients’ campaigns.
- Deliver client work and manage a range of projects and campaigns.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients.
- Monitor and review client projects and provide update reports.
- Exceed client expectations.
PR and content delivery
- Write technical and industry-specific content which can be used across a range of marketing activities/ platforms.
- Manage PR and editorial related activities that are related to your client portfolio.
- Media planning and research into editorial opportunities.
- Content writing including press releases, features and digital content.
- Management of media lists, media contacts and relationships.
- Ability to pitch stories to news desks / journalists and secure opportunities.
- Ensure positive press coverage for clients in local, national and global media.
- Develop content for cross marketing activities and campaigns.
- Conduct market research in order to write relevant, industry focused and accurate content.
- Develop compelling marketing and messages and campaigns that get our clients noticed globally.
- Work with the team to develop different types of content from video and blogs to infographics and marketing materials.
- Represent the company in a range of internal and external activities including networking, events, client meetings, prospective client meetings.
- Continuously keep ahead of marketing and PR trends and feedback on new trends and ideas.
- Establish and maintain a programme of personal development in marketing/PR.
- Provide the best marketing services to your client portfolio in line with our vision of being the leading B2B marketing specialists in our industry.
Education and formal qualifications
- Qualified to Degree level with significant relevant industry experience in PR and/or journalism, ideally more than 5 years.
- Agency experience is advantageous however you will be considered if you have strong in-house experience.
- Experience in PR or journalism.
- Experience of liaising with clients and project managing their campaign requirements.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Experience in writing quality content for press releases, blogs, websites and other offline and online marketing materials and campaigns.
- Experience in writing technical content.
- Experience in liaising with press and media contacts and dealing with their needs.
Specific skills, aptitude, knowledge
- Strong understanding of communications at a strategic level.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively.
- Ability to develop relationships with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Strong understanding of digital content marketing platforms such as online PR channels and social media.
- IT literate and willing to learn new technologies.
- Team worker and flexible.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-driven, results orientated and a clear focus on high standards and business performance.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Project management, literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to prepare accurate quotations and proposals.
- Understands the principles of marketing and the need for consistency within all the company’s and clients branding, marketing and communications.
- Ability to understand and translate technical information into user friendly language.
- Able to demonstrate excellent client care and manage their needs and expectations.
- Responsible, accountable and determined to succeed.
- Passionate about marketing and delivering a high-quality service.
- Content Management
- Marketing Campaigns
- Press Releases