Polymer Chemist (GMP, Material Characterisation, Seeded Emulsion)
£35k - £45k + benefits
Our client is an extremely well-funded medical devices start-up with the exciting technology for developing a new generation of ultrasound-based medical devices for drug delivery and surgical applications and providing on-screen feedback to the clinician as to where drug delivery or surgery is taking place in real time.
They now have a requirement for a Polymer Chemist responsible for
- Planning, performing and reporting studies to optimise and characterise the polymer chemistry of the company’s proprietary sound sensitive particles.
- Work with a contract manufacturing organisation and other external partners to develop GMP compliant processes for polymer particle production and characterise the polymer material.
- Carry out or support all chemistry functions undertaken internally and at GMP or GLP accredited service providers in the manufacture and characterisation of sound sensitive particles.
Pilot Scale manufacture of Sound Sensitive Particles in a GMP environment
- Defining a template Batch Manufacturing Record for GMP production.
- Monitoring the transfer of equipment and processes to the GMP manufacturing area.
- Overseeing the production of GMP compliant technical batches and subsequent stability studies.
- Ensuring availability of GMP grade raw materials and providing forecasts of manufacturing needs.
- Designing Physical and Chemical Material Characterisation studies for Sound Sensitive particles.
- Initiating studies for Material Characterisation, reviewing and reporting technical data.
Validating the Technology Across a Range of Therapeutic Agents
- Supporting both in vitro and pre-clinical studies in a range of models through planning and forecasting the manufacture of Sound Sensitive particles.
- Formulation development of novel chemistries for biocompatible Sound Sensitive particles.
- The multi-component nature of the technology will require the employee to interact effectively with ultrasound and software engineers and assist with their studies where necessary.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Optimise seeded emulsion polymerisation chemistries (essential).
- Write detailed reports, SOPs, safety and risk documentation for chemical processes (essential).
- Managing interaction with service providers helping identify and overcome problems (essential).
- Undertake multiple projects simultaneously (essential).
- Work effectively with scientists of other disciplines (essential).
- Flexible approach and perform tasks outside of job description (essential).
- Apply excellent organizational and reporting skills (essential).
- Be able to operate as a self-starter in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment (essential).
- Work to GMP manufacturing or Medical Device Regulations (desirable).
- Perform analysis of polymer surface chemistries (desirable)
- Synthesise and characterise nanoparticles for biomedical applications (desirable).
- A good first degree in Chemistry (class 2(I) and above essential).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of chemistry laboratory research and/or development (essential).
- A PhD in polymer chemistry or related discipline (desirable).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job