Base location: Swindon SN1 1HN - requires travel weekly to either Taunton, Stockport or Derby (all travel expenses covered)
Becoming a PMO Lead with Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist:
A unique opportunity to mould and develop a new PMO function, whilst working in a challenging but rewarding business unit.
What you will do:
- You will be initially setting up a PMO within the account, you will have support from other existing PMO teams.
- Once in place you will be ensuring delivery of PMO services in a way that supports the account / programme to reach their primary delivery objectives, re. business plan, service delivery, client relationship
- Ensuring relevant Capita and Client Corporate Governance and associated controls, methodologies, policies and procedures are in place and adhered to
- Maintain effective stakeholder management relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the PMO Services Continuous Improvement programme
- On behalf of various management ensure production of MI and reporting packs for formal and informal joint and internal governance meetings, including ensuring review and sign-off for all relevant stakeholders (including Service Delivery Manager/PMO Manager) prior to issue for the meetings
- Provide day-to-day delivery of PMO support and oversight for the assigned PMO Services to key stakeholders.
Your experience will include:
- Strong proven experience of PMO lead role or senior PMO analyst role. You will have a detailed understanding of how PMO runs and its links to other areas. And an awareness of the end-to-end lifecycle of Business Change / IT development programmes and projects.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills with a strong customer service focus, coupled with commercial awareness. Empathetic and open with the ability to see things from both the Capita and Client perspective and ability to work towards solutions that work for both sides.
- Proven ability to manage effective stakeholder relationships to senior management level and experience working in an internal and external client and service delivery environment with strong networking skills with an ability to develop and maintain a wide network of contacts within the business areas and IT
- Proactive with good decision-making ability, able to recognise and exploit opportunities and a tenacious ability to drive ideas forward and ensure they are implemented
- An intermediate to high level knowledge of the Microsoft suite, especially Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. Ideally some Project, Visio, Internet Explorer, SharePoint
- A self-starter that has a strong ability to self-manage and achieve the required outcome if working alone. With a pragmatic and flexible approach to problem solving.
About Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist
At Capita Life, Pensions & Specialist, we work in partnership with over 20 well known UK and international financial services providers to administer life, savings and pensions policies on their behalf. We're able to deliver complex processing while maintaining quality, and provide a wide range of services including underwriting, back office administration, claims management and technical support. We work with a number of notable clients such as Sun Life, Abbeylife and Royal London. You could too, if you join our talented financial services team here.
Life, Pensions & Specialist are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising with service), company matched pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options. Including a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'