Job Title : Plumbing and Heating Supervisor - Brandon Suffolk
Salary : £25k to £30K with overtime potential (Weekly Pay)
Hours : 40 a week
Are you an experienced Domestic Heating Engineer with Gas-Safe Certification?
- Looking for a new challenge and new opportunities?
- Do you already manage a team or would relish the chance to do so?
- Are your skills kept up to date with knowledge of new domestic plumbing and heating technologies?
We are looking for a talented individual to take on the supervision of the Plumbing and Heating team.
- Ensure the plumbing and heating systems are installed to design and manufacturers specifications and in line with current legislation.
- Carry out audits on the quality of workmanship of the installed plumbing and heating systems, ensuring that the installed equipment is fit for purpose
- Ensure legislative compliance is achieved in regards to all plumbing and heating systems
- Produce Standard Operating Procedures for all our plumbing and heating installations
- Work with the design team to suggest alternative components and/or systems
- Mentor and guide apprentice plumbers to coach and ensure that they receive the necessary training to complete their NVQ portfolio
- Set out a skills matrix for the plumbing and heating team highlighting training requirements for staff improvement in line with the business needs
- Identify suitable candidates for plumbing and gas heating training to achieve more in-house trained Gas-Safe engineers
- Work with the technical team on design options/restrictions to ensure compliance with BS3632
- Identify ways to improve the performance of the plumbing and heating team and process without affecting quality or production output
- Assist management in identifying ways to reduce waste and costs in the plumbing and heating area, liaise with stores to create generic material lists for our Park Homes
- Give technical help and advice to the customer service (after-sales) team and assist them in dealing with any plumbing and heating technical issues that customers may have. This may require occasional site visits.
- Supervise the plumbing and heating team and deal with any staff issues related to capability, absence and discipline.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of domestic plumbing and gas systems
- Gas-safe certification essential
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing and Heating
- Excellent IT skills
- People management experience
- Motivational skills
- Good communication skills
If you have previous heating & plumbing experience, apply now or call Stephanie at OSR Recruitment Services for more information.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.