As a world-leading cruise company with big plans for the future, our people are our world. This is where you come in.
Within our Rotations department the Planning Coordinator will be responsible for the overall planning of rotations for their designated area, ensuring all vessels are properly manned as per laid down manning levels, with appropriately qualified, experienced and motivated staff. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Regular communication with the fleet to ensure their expectations are being met.
- Ensuring the scheduling system is correct and up to date with all work shift / contract postings and contract information.
- Assist with payroll requests for crew members.
- Raise "On Company Service" requests for the fleet in a timely manner.
- Liaising with manning agencies to ensure joining crew have correct certification and documentation for entire tour of duty.
We are looking for someone who:
- Educated to A level standard, or equivalent,
- Previous experience of scheduling or manpower planning (desirable)
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Good problem solver and possess strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email or face to face with a confident approach.
- Excellent decision maker
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
One of our core organisational values is that we are 'bettertogether' and that’s why we’re working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture; where difference is respected and valued and where our people can be themselves. Inclusivity is at the heart of our everything we do so we welcome applications from everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises & Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success.
Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships have always been The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy of luxury ocean travel with our flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with Queen Mary 2 providing the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our fourth Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises has seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022, meaning we can offer more experiences tailored to British tastes - combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail, ensuring passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
- Customer Service
- General Administration
- Human Resources